Monday, October 29, 2012

victoria craven.


photos and story by Jess Larson

Victoria Craven, 20, is not only an OCC student but a stylish one at that. And she wants to let you in on a little secret, most of her findings are from second hand stores. Always exciting and always unique, Victoria sure can turn out some memorable outfits, something I always look forward to seeing when I come to class.  

What are your dreams made of? 
I would love to be the creator and owner of my own brand. 

What do you love about shopping at thrift stores?
It's thrilling to find that unique find, and also knowing no one else will being wearing the same thing you are. 

What/who are you inspired by in fashion? 
I'm inspired by old movies, the 90's and the 70's.

Describe one of your favorite items you've come across at a thrift store. 
In San Fran I was blessed to find a silk long fringe kimono with the original price tag on it for $298 and the goodwill price was only $18, it was a steal!

Any recommendations on some good thrift stores? 
I've been really digging Savers. They have great prices and their selection is huge! Plus every day 2 tag colors are 50% off, its the best deal. 

No comments: